Senior Backend Engineer
12 days ago
Senior Backend Engineer
Crowdskout believes that a more equitable world will be built by people with organizing superpowers. To achieve this vision, we are building one seamless, intuitive, and intelligent platform that integrates data, tools, and experiences to give anyone those superpowers. Our customers are organizations engaged in political and social advocacy that drive big change over the long-term using a portfolio of strategies on a multi-partisan basis. Most importantly, our customers believe that people organizing in their communities are the ultimate agents of durable change.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about building highly available and scalable services to power a variety of applications. A successful candidate will bring strong analytical ability, software engineering expertise, and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving, agile environment.
If you're highly motivated, super passionate about our democracy, and want to join a team that is looking to build great things together, Crowdskout may be for you. Even better if you think like a scientist, bring creative solutions, and can obsess about quality. This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager. Crowdskout is a remote first company.
- As a key member of an agile software development team you will design, code, and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications.
- Drive the next evolution of our microservices based low-code architecture practices.
- Maintain and refactor existing code to make it more reliable, secure, and efficient.
- Provide mentorship and promote engineering best practices throughout the company.
- Test and monitor platform services for stability and scalability.
- Ensure software development adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Work with the support team to triage bugs and troubleshoot productions issues.
- Assess project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships and provide alternative solutions and risk mitigation.
- 5+ years experience working on backend development of large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with multiple languages and web frameworks including PHP/Laravel and Python/Flask.
- Expertise in relational databases including database modeling, identifying bottlenecks, and writing optimized queries.
- Experience with unit and integration testing, continuous integration and deployment workflows.
- Experience with developing REST APIs and integrating third-party APIs.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, patterns, and design.
- Strong communication skills.
- Full-stack engineering experience.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Building low-code platforms.
- Experience with AWS or GCP application technologies.
- Open-source contributions
Crowdskout is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity across all spectrums in its hiring, without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. With that being said, we wouldn't be able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time since we are a small company. If you find this role interesting and you hit on the elements above, please apply!