Senior UX Designer
This position is located in Baltimore MD, Los Altos CA, Belfast Ireland, or remote. We will need significant overlap with the US Eastern time zone.
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. But simple is not easy, and the struggle is real. We are looking for a senior UX designer to help us learn more about our users and cover emerging areas in our products that need to drive greater consistency across the user experience. Systems thinkers will love this chance to straighten crooked paths, define our platform, and establish the norm for integrations workflow.
What we need
We’re looking for an experienced UX designer who can cover a spectrum of needs and deliverables, including user research, concepts, prototypes, wireframes, and usability testing. We look for passion, attention to detail, a willingness to take initiative, an enthusiastic team-spirit, and a collaborative attitude. A little humor helps, too. We’re especially interested if you love rich data and telling compelling stories with it.
What you’ll do
- Participate and lead design research efforts to understand problems or surface opportunities for intended audiences. Translate insights into action.
- Model the user experience from rough to refined, using sketches, flows, concepts, prototypes, and annotated wireframes. Participate in story-mapping and defining or grooming user stories
- Seek internal and external design reviews to refine your thinking.
- Create, run, and analyze usability tests on the existing product or high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- Always collaborate. You know how to work well with UX, Agile development teams, customer support, and product managers.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of UX design experience that includes enterprise products and a lead role. Brand or consumer product design alone is not sufficient.
- Solid experience in methods for user research, design thinking, and UX design
- Strong storytelling skills. You can clearly present your point-of-view to your teams and other stakeholders.
- Expertise with design tools to visualize your work, including InVision, Sketch, and Abstract.
- Sketching or drawing ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates design thinking in action. Please include access to this in your application.
- BS/BA in art, design, human computer interaction (HCI), information science, or related field
- Quantitative research experience, including user analytics in Pendo or similar products and survey methods.
- Experience designing enterprise software products with a wide range of integrations
- Familiar with design systems or pattern libraries in your workflow