11 days ago
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for strong engineers to help us build out an elastic, scalable, efficient, SQL-based, stream processing technology which operates both on-premises and in the Cloud. You can learn more about what we do by visiting ksqldb.io, or reading some of our recent posts on improving the availability guarantees of our distributed, stateful, systems.
What you will do:
- Our team solves a variety of problems, including but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing new stream processing operators, including making extensions to the SQL language to incorporate streaming concepts.
- Improving the performance, scalability, and elasticity of core stream processing technology like Kafka Streams.
- Designing solutions to improve the efficiency, reliability, and operability of our distributed, stateful, data processing systems in public clouds.
- Building novel solutions to enable efficient and scalable querying of state materialized from real time event streams.
- Interacting with the Apache Kafka and the ksqlDB communities to provide technical guidance and thought leadership in the stream processing space.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Proficiency in Java or C/ C++
- Additional highly desirable experience
- Experience in open-source development.
- Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Interest in evangelism (giving talks at tech conferences, writing blog posts evangelising Kafka)
- Experience working on stream processing technology or query processing systems
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.