6 days ago
Covid-19 Hiring Update: Like many employers, we've transitioned to a work-from-home model and are exploring how and when we will return to our physical offices. During this time, we continue to recruit and leverage video interviews to get to know candidates. While many of our positions were already remote by design, our recruiters will share any long-term location requirements for a particular position.
Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our team in Scotland. We’re based in Dundee but offer flexible working, so if you don’t live locally we use technology to support remote working.
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem solver: You thrive in an environment that tests ideas by building.
- Someone with a passion for technology: You are technically confident - you can learn and use new technologies quickly
- Someone who is a “doer”: You find the opportunities to help customers and you take them.
- A strategic thinker: You can capture the unique vision of what Cherwell does and inspire customers with a sense of what’s possible
- A great teammate: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals. You have a point of view but are low ego
What You'll Do
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a part of a highly skilled group of full stack software and quality engineers who are passionate about highly performant, optimized and discoverable code. The QA Engineer is responsible for creating and executing the test plans, test procedures, and test cases used to certify new products and services. Our QA team thrives on a test-it-to-break-it mentality.
- Support the manual and automated QA testing activities of Cherwell Software.
- Promote QA best practices, and produce consistently high-quality deliverables.
- Review requirements, acceptance criteria, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Write and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Develop, and execute stable automation scripts that improve test coverage.
- Promptly identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs.
- Perform thorough smoke, system, integration, automation, compatibility, and regression testing when bugs are resolved, stories are ready for test, and code is feature complete.
- Assist in building and configuring test environments.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of project documentation.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
If you have the following experience, we’d love to hear from you!
- 3 years experience, including experience with automated testing, and automated tools development.
- 2 years of experience with C# .NET.
Even Better If You Have:
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SAML.
- Knowledge of web service technologies and testing.
- Familiarity with the ITAM/ITSM industry, ITIL V3 foundations and other related standards.
- Ability to write, and execute automated tests using tools such as Selenium, and Ranorex.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Windows, .Net, REST API, VMWare, C#, PowerShell.
- Experience with SCCS, preferably Git.
- Experience with SQL/TSQL on Microsoft SQL Server.
- 4 Year degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience
- When experienced people are inspired to come together to change the Service Management industry, the industry takes notice.
- We hire humble, but hungry teammates with a passion to give their heart into all that we do for our customers, partners, and community members!
- You will work with a team of great people with diverse talents and learn something new every day.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Please do not include any of the following details in your CV: date of birth, marital status, nationality, racial/ethnic origin, religion or a photograph - none of these characteristics are relevant to the decision as to whether you have the skills and experience to perform a particular role.
Cherwell Software embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell Talent Acquisition. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you