Software Engineer - General
7 days ago
Software Engineer - General
Using your knowledge of distributed computing and application development, you’ll contribute directly to the Bevy community management platform that serves millions of event attendees and community managers each day. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in real life community software through ongoing software innovation and attention to details.
Bevy is an early-stage startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop and ship features in Django and React that make attending an event, joining a community, or growing a community simpler and more delightful.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Plan and automate tests that ensure software works as designed and deals with surprises effectively.
- Suggest improvements to processes to avoid undesirable, repetitive work or introduce qualities which increase desirable outcomes.
- Analyze effects that are happening in production systems to plan and implement improvements.
- You’ll collaborate on design of product features, sometimes doing primary design, sometimes proposing improved design.
- You’ll seek open source software that already solves the problem-at-hand or makes solving it simpler.
- Learn, learn, learn and help educate our team and customers about Bevy and better ways of getting stuff done.
- Work closely with everyone who has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
You Might Be a Good Fit for This Role If
- You’re a hands-on, full stack developer. You have strong knowledge of modern day web frameworks and distributed computing, especially using Django and React.
- You’ve integrated open-source libraries and third party systems into your own software work reliably and efficiently.
- You like solving interesting, hard problems.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You’ve created user experiences that are simple, modern, and accessible.
- You’ve worked on applications which must be concerned with privacy & security. Experience applying OWASP ASVS or other standards is a bonus.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.