Sr Manager, Software Engineering - Full Stack
11 days ago
Sr Manager, Software Engineering - Full Stack
As Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will lead our team of highly accomplished designers, engineers, and product experts in building out a key platform supporting Armstrong's digital innovation strategy. This cutting-edge platform is expected to be a game-changer and will enable long-term strategic advantages for the company.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business no trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you'll be doing
- Build responsive and beautiful web applications
- Mentor and lead engineering team members; interview candidates for open positions
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by web clients
- Collaborate with product managers, UI/UX experts, and engineers to implement new features within environment
- Contribute to future-ready, high quality, and performance code base as well as SDLC
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
What will make you successful:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with React
- Ability to build ETL applications with REST API services Node.js
- Previous experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services
- Proficient with designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain dev/test/staging/production environments on AWS
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, and design documentation)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant)
- Experience building and deploying ML-based solutions and with building and deploying a lead generation platform
- Entrepreneurial and startup experience
- UX / UI design expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!