Sr. Back-end Engineer
11 days ago
Sr. Back-end Engineer
As Sr. Backend Engineer, you will design and build back-end applications encompassing data services, cloud deployment, server-side and server-less architecture and provide expertise in key aspects of engineering. This cutting-edge platform is expected to be a game-changer and will enable long-term strategic advantages for the company.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business no trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and build back-end applications encompassing data services, cloud deployment, server-side and server-less architecture and provide expertise in key aspects of engineering such as data, application and platform security, platform scalability, performance and extensibility
- Work with engineers, data scientists, product managers, designers and growth marketers to design, build and deliver product features
- Work directly with the engineering leadership, providing thought-leadership for the team and contributing to design and architecture sessions before helping to develop those ideas into functional components and services
- Contribute to a strong backend engineering team working to deliver services for the front-end and data science teams to build components on top of
- Work with fellow engineering colleagues to contribute to common engineering objectives and services as well as the wider strategic roadmap
What will make you successful:
- A minimum of 5+ years back-end application, data and platform engineering experience
- Strong experience with one or more scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, Go, Node and Python
- Firm understanding and experience working with relational and noSQL databases
- Hands on experience in building ETL applications
- Strong experience with designing back-end server and server-less architectures with an emphasis on scalability, performance and extensibility
- Experience in developing machine learning models
- Experience with common programming frameworks such as Spring and Play
- Solid understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful apis, working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XMLStrong experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure as well as the managed services on those platforms, i.e. Aurora, Beanstalk, Lambda, BigQuery etc.
- An understanding of platform, application and data security
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with AI/ML based solutions
- Experience working on a lead generation platform
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!