1 month ago
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including our next-generation cluster management system, improvements for real-time processing of big data, and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data.
For more information:
- AWS re:Invent 2017 Amazon EMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAWf9VDgFM
- AWS re:Invent 2017 Keynote - Andy Jassy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxDLeFQKPk
- AWS Big Data Blog: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/
- AWS EMR: https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- 2+ years of hands on software development in any modern object oriented language : Java/Ruby/C++/C# or equivalent
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- Solid system design and architecture experience.
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Experience using Amazon Web Services desirable
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.