7 days ago
Alertus Technologies is a pioneer and ascending market leader in mass notification solutions. When emergencies occur, our products protect the lives of countless staff, students, and personnel. Join an organization where we are passionate about offering well-developed products to our clients and are obsessed with customer satisfaction.
Each individual in our organization has an integral role in the company's success and a direct impact on the life, safety, and well being of countless people at numerous institutions and corporations. We are an extremely loyal team that believes in promoting from within and investing in our employees.
We are currently looking for a talented developer to play a critical role in the growth of Alertus. The full stack Java Developer will report to the Director of Software and will be a key player in bringing our mission to life. In this role, you will perform full stack web application development in a Service-Oriented Architecture environment to make a meaningful impact on Alertus, its customers, and to the emergency mass notification industry.
Remote work opportunity available for the right candidate.
A Day in the Life:
- Perform full stack web application development in a Service Oriented Architecture environment
- Design and implement application user interface using the latest web technologies
- Work alongside Alertus customers to provide unique solutions for unique problems
- Develop test cases and validation to ensure accuracy of desired outputs
- Assist the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support departments with pre and post-sales support, and review documented material for customer use
- Support project timelines and transition to Production staff by following established processes and contribute to the development of necessary technical and user documentation
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5+ years of experience developing Java web applications with server, client, and database experience
- Technologies we’re looking for:
- SOAP or REST web services (JAX-RS/JAX-WS)
- Spring Framework (IOC, AOP)
- Hibernate ORM and SQL
- Apache Struts or Spring MVC
- Apache Maven
- Vue.js, AngularJS, or React
- Tomcat Application Server
- Eclipse IDE
2+ years of developer experience with an emphasis on Java is what we imagine you’ll need to qualify for this role, but we know experience doesn’t always equate perfectly to skill level/knowledge, so don’t hesitate to apply if you believe you’re a good fit!