Join the SitePoint Team!
SitePoint is looking for a full-time “full-stack” marketer to join our Melbourne team and grow our membership, reach and partnerships.
We’re primarily looking for someone who has acquisition marketing down (especially email, we have a big list!), and who has a good feel for retention tactics in a community-driven membership product: user onboarding, lifecycle messaging, user communication. You will work within our Product team, and help grow SitePoint Premium, our library of paid content, as well as the effectiveness of our third-party deals with advertising and content partners on SitePoint (our free publication).
Here’s the kind of experience and know-how that would catch our eye:
- Email marketing: Know your way around a serious list (1M+), understand the tactics and know how to come up with a compelling acquisition and retention strategy. Understand how to drive customer engagement, connect (and reconnect) with customers using email.
- Social Media: Understand how to create a community and drive engagement around the most relevant social networks. Know how to connect with influential people in these networks and find mutually beneficial engagements. Know the basics of profitable paid campaigns on social media, and the metrics around them.
- Product Marketing: Work with the team to build effective engagement, acquisition, retention and referral mechanics into the product.
- Content Marketing: Create content (blog posts, guest posting, landing pages, infographics, whatever you can dream up) appropriate to our audience and place it in relevant places to drive links and traffic.
- Data of all kinds: A/B Testing and landing page optimization. Test, gain insights and implement change, then do it all over again!
- Business Development: Identify and secure strategic partnerships in order to accelerate growth.
- Copywriting: Create compelling headlines and understand how to engage users through effective calls to action and interesting and appropriate tone and style.
- Fun: Remember to enjoy it – we sure do!
We’re based in Collingwood, Melbourne, one of the best neighbourhoods in the city (we’re biased).
Introduce yourself and tell us your proudest marketing achievements, along with a copy of your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org