Google is now offering a new glimpse at exactly how their spider views your Website.
1. Login to your Google account (AdWords, Gmail or Analytics)
2. Enter your Website URL at the bottom of this page.
3. Verify your Website by creating a uniquely-named, but empty HTML file and uploading it to your server. Click on the “verify” link to view instructions on how to do this. More info about verifying your site.
4. Click the “View stats” link
So what exactly can you find out?
- The most popular queries that your Website shows up for
- The top queries from which you get clickthroughs
- Crawl statistics: Pages succesfully crawled, pages blocked by robots.txt, pages that generated HTTP errors or were unreachable
- The PageRank distribution within your site
- Various indexing stats (pages indexed, etc.)
This is an awesome troubleshooting tool for all Webmasters, and something that hopefully the other search engines will copy soon.
Why Flippa Is the Best Place to Sell Your Website
By SitePoint Team,
In this article, we look at how buying an online business through Flippa compares with buying one through a broker.
Build Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Developer Career
By Adrian Sandu,
Adrian Sandu explains what a personal brand is and how building one can help boost your career. Stake your claim online and level up your brand.
Growing a Business Is About the Customer, Not the Product
By Eleanor Scott,
The first thing most people think about when launching a new enterprise is what they’ll be selling, but what they should really be focusing on is who they’ll be selling to. Although your product is important, no matter how good it is, if people aren't interest in buying it, then your business is likely going to struggle.