The Great HOLIDAY Photography Competition

Earlier this year we ran The Great Photography Competition and the results were so impressive that we have decided to run a similar competition over the holiday season. We have changed the rules slightly to make it easier to understand… no tricky time zone conversions this time!

So the theme this time is The Holidays. That might mean Christmas, it might mean Hanukkah, it might mean family time at the beach, whatever the holidays mean to you…

There are 24 subjects to choose from and you may enter as many as you like. Prizes will be awarded for the following:

1. Best overall quality - The person who’s photos were most consistently good.
  2. Best individual photo - The one, most stunning photo of the whole contest.
  3. Special topics - There are a few special subjects which are more difficult, and prizes will be awarded to anyone that submits in these categories.
  4. 100% - A special prize for anyone who submits valid photos for all twenty-four topics.

The competition opens on Wednesday 1st December. The first 8 subjects will be posted on November 27th to give you time to get started, with submissions opening on the 1st. Another 8 will be posted on December 18, with the last 8 being revealed on January 1st. Submissions close on January 16th with the winners being announced on January 31st.

What I love the most about the competition this time is that it will mean we get to see what the holidays mean for people all around the globe. There is something pretty special about that.

So, whether you are great with a camera or simply love snapping photos on your phone, let’s see what you’ve got.

Check back on the 27th for rules and the first list of subjects.

That sounds great :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to seeing the subjects!

Hawk I am so excited about this one! This will give me the excuse I need to get out and start taking more photos :slight_smile:

:tup:

Who needs an excuse? ;)

[FONT=“Georgia”]That was one badass photo last time with the graffiti kid. Can’t wait to see your stuff for this one.

[/FONT]

Great. I try to join this time :slight_smile:

should be fun, look forward to it *)

I posted this on my fb and twitter wall. Bet a lot of us will join the contest

[FONT=“Georgia”]Thanks, chillcee. Will you be taking part yourself?

By the way, unfortunately you can’t post links to your website in the middle of posts like that.

You’ll be able to add it to your signature after I think 30 days of having an account or something like that.

You can add a homepage link too, to your profile.

[/FONT]

great,how to do next?

[OT]

It’s 90 days :slight_smile:

How about reading the whole post?

Oh yeah. Off to SE Asia in Dec - better dust off the camera :slight_smile:

Nice! I’m planning on snapping a few beach pics. Before anyone asks though, there will be no bikinis.

:eek:
You go skinny dipping?

:smiley:

thanks seem exciting !

I will also trying to join this excellent fun…

[FONT=“Georgia”]Hi guys.

Submissions are now open.

Please visit the following thread for the current topics and to upload your photographs. Limit of one submission per topic, so make it your best one!
Submissions: The Great Holiday Photography Competition

[/FONT]