8 Steps to Successful PPC Campaigns

Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, 8 Steps to Successful PPC Campaigns.

Any tips or tricks you guys would add to this list?

very interesting article for noobs, but actually nothing really new. In my opinion, the only fact missing was: test, rinse, and wash again. - Which means, that you should always be testing your results of the campaign against all other measures possible. Not only the campaign PPC settings are to be tested and compared, but also the On-Site factors in terms of usibility. Google and i.e. Omniture offer invaluable tools to help you do that.

#1 would be focusing on your landing page and make sure it’s converting. I always like to create 2 landing pages and test those out.

I read your article, contains all the most important for PPC. But i think you should to write some thing about Click Through Rate and RIO.

A nice outline of what needs to be done. I find that you can always find some places where you can find a good ROI. The more trafficked keywords are almost always a challenge, so often a good starting point is to find a few smaller keywords that you can 100% profit. It may not be a lot of profits, but you need to find that starting point, rather than go too aggressive in the beginning.

well its a nice article and clear lots of things in my mind regarding PPC campaign.
Thanks for sharing it.

This is an excellent article. I will be buying the book. I do PPC for clients and this was a great tool to refine my skills, especially things misplaced. It really gave a great checklist for setup of a PPC campaign.

<snip>

Can you provide any insights into what happens when you take a break from PPC…does that mess up your conversions when you turn the lights back on?

The article was obviously aimed at newbies, so yeah there are no real advanced tactics included in it. Stay tuned for the next blog post on the topic for some more interesting ways of doing things :slight_smile:

@63 blitz: PPC is a constantly shifting market, if you were to turn off your campaigns and then reactivate them months later, it’s likely everything would have changed. That being said however, the fundamental copy, keyword and landing page findings will still be relevant.

Very informative article regarding PPC. Almost all the major points are covered. One of the factors which is also important is Click Through Rate and ROI. The factors determining PPC is also depends on proper keyword research and implementing those keywords in the proper direction for PPC.

Thanks for your informative post. It’s enough to start PPC.

<snip>FAKE SIG</snip>

You have to focus on keyword research to choose the most relevant keywords and work more on the conversion of your clicks

Joshi, thanks for your tip here

Really good article.I think there is no more aspect left.
Thanks for this informative article.

For improve PPC , Here are a few method I found. If you guy have any better method , pls list here .

1. good content that make vistors will stay longer and want to go through more of your page.
  2. Better visual design for the ad you use , like color match etc.
  3. make report of which ad ppl click the most .
  4. make sure your keywords are worth money …
    Hope this can help you

<snip/>