Day 5: The Great Photography Competition

nd now for your final mission.

You have 24 hours from now to plan your mission.
In 24 hours time, submission opens. In 48 hours time, submission closes and the next mission will be announced.

Your last mission is to take a photo of ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

A group of people in a public place OR
An elderly person

Images must be uploaded to this thread as attachments.

Images should be either JPG or PNG and should measure between 900 - 2000 px length for the longer side of the photograph. DPI doesn’t matter.

The Rules:

ALL WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN!

Photos must be shot between the time a topic is posted and the time of judging. Photos from five years ago are not allowed.

Photos must be submitted before midnight of the day.

Entrants may take part as many times as they like, but an entrant may only win once.

No goofy Photoshop effects or overdone photo-manipulation; Entrants are allowed to correct colour, contrast, and make minor tweaks such as removing litter or distracting objects from a photo, but no surreal colours or crazy filters.

:nono:

That is what proof reading is for :slight_smile:

You will. I have an apology from the official judge for being behind on the judging. :slight_smile:

Will we find out day 4 winners today also?

Thanks Raffles! It’s a lovely station, feels very open even though its manic. The new roof is awesome, lets a lot of light in…great for sneaky photographers :hush:

Instantly thought of tilt shift when I read the crowd challenge for day 5, and here is my submission. Got in and out of Earl’s Court station pretty quickly…not sure about the laws on taking pics of underground stations these days!

Football Championship Celebration tonight in Zaragoza (Spain)

Struggled to get to a nice public place, so settled on a portrait photo of my grandpa.

That is awesome Simon!

oh gosh - wish I had read this earlier so I could have taken my camera to the dog show!

went to my girlfriends grandma. I tried to take a lot of candid photos, I think this one caught her most unaware.

Sunday afternoon on our historical city pier. A mixed crowd of young and old :slight_smile:

Today it was the final match at Football (Soccer) World Cup, and there was a photography project on taking pics of the cities during the match (the project is named "The phantom Spain). While waiting for the match to begin, I took this picture near Barcelona Center (always crowded with tourists and elderly)

That is so sweet :slight_smile:

Grandma and her dog. :slight_smile:

A little side note: These 48 hour competitions should have all been featured in the Highlighted Forum Discussions. A lot of people land there and are made aware of things that are going on. It is not too late for this one and the upcoming ones also :slight_smile:

The time for the contest was kind of short. Maybe next time you should put a tease first, to announce this. and also, i think it would be grater if there would be more themes.

[FONT=“Georgia”]I think that was a typo.

Behind the scenes we’d planned five days, but the contest ran for a seven-day week so easy mistake to make.

[/FONT]

I thought the same thing as Datura from reading the first post about the details of this competition.

Hmm, I thought that there were 7 challenges altogether. I looked forward to the next 2.

At the end of the week, every entrant that submits 7 images (one from each day) goes into the draw to win the grand prize.