New In AdWords: Search Funnels

Google has just announced a new feature to AdWords – Search Funnels. From my preliminary investigation, it’s basically a feature to track and measure multiple clicks against sales.

My opinion is that it’s going to add a whole new dimension to AdWords campaigning and whilst it’s going to make things at little more complicated, open up a raft of new tactics.

You’ll enable to develop systems that are optimized for the full purchase processes, from research keywords to price comparison keywords to ready-to- buy keywords, that to date, was tough to integrate. You can actually quantity ROI on chasing non ‘buy focused’ clicks.

The big letdown is that I don’t think it integrated with organic clicks in it’s tracking - I’d love to see that included later down the track.

Imagine a work flow like …

Rank # 1 for ‘What is web hosting’
PPC # 1 for ‘Best Web Hosts’ organically
Rank # 1 for ‘Hostagator Reviews’
PPC # Hostgator Discount Coupons

This is a HUGE advancement and frankly, a game changer for sites that haven’t been using it before. As google says in their own post ‘it’s likely that customers perform multiple searches prior to finally converting’ and this is something most people don’t consider, often to their detriment. Without understanding the funnel it’s difficult to know if a particular keyword is helping drive long term sales or just costing money. With it in place you can now understand how a keyword that may be broad, expensive and not seem to preform well actually makes for a sale down the conversion process.

We will see how Google addresses issues like organic search and even weighting each step to determine ROI but just having this overall is a great step for optimizing/

but still a cool feature :slight_smile:

I’d love to start using this, but it’s not rolled out to everyone yet, and it’s not in my account. What a pain. I’d love to see the click paths people are using before buying at my sites, as I do have both broad and narrow keywords in different groups with different pricing.

Interesting concept. Maybe someday I will actually profit from Adwords … lol

Adwords would be the better and highly quality oriented while coming to profession…!!
I truly appreciate, all the members who are supporting them a lot…!!

Any one got the beta using this yet? It is not appear in my account yet.

It will be very helpful,
but I did not find it in my account.

i think it will be really useful feature no doubt, results can be used in organic seo

A big step forward. I think I will have a try.