SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's offering commercial web service subscriptions ??

I'm making an e-commerce site for a client who sells CDs and vinyl records for DJs. The client's supplier provides a windows program which constantly pulls in XML from a web service. I then integrate this with my client's website and it will allow me to display products with images and sample sound files.

I would prefer direct access to a web service without the windows program but they don't offer that. Their customer service is worse than terrible too - I waited 6 long weeks for this lousy bit of software !

Any ideas how I'd go about finding someone who offers a similar web service ? I tried searching for web service subscription but don't seem to come up with any commercial services - just tools to find out about weather or currency.

Any ideas ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ninja,

I came across a none commercial based one, and it may be worth contacting them to see if you can negotiate. It's the closest I've come across that's even close to your purposes. (I was just posting in this category and thought I should try to at least help some how )

http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/

[sorry if it's of no use at all]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by intothemiddle View Post
    Hey Ninja,

I came across a none commercial based one, and it may be worth contacting them to see if you can negotiate. It's the closest I've come across that's even close to your purposes. (I was just posting in this category and thought I should try to at least help some how )

http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/

[sorry if it's of no use at all]
    Thanks so much, how did you manage to find that ! I've contacted them to ask more...

Thanks again

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be a bit late, but this info may be of general interest:

You find other Web Services providers on my site OopSchool in my signature under the following heading:

"Web Services providers and resources"

One of the best known sources for Web Services is "The Strike Iron Web Services Marketplace"