Design Festival Podcast #8: Web Standards with Derek Featherstone
Hello again and welcome to episode eight of the Design Festival podcast. This week with web standards advocate and champion Derek Featherstone of FurtherAhead.com and most notably WebStandards.org. Derek is a teacher, speaker, writer, developer, designer, and strong proponent of accessibility and web standards.
Download this Episode
You can download this episode as a standalone MP3 file:
- DesignFestival Podcast #8: Web Standards with Derek Featherstone (MP3, 1:23:47, 81 MB)
You can subscribe to the Design Festival Podcast either directly or via iTunes — add the Design Festival Podcast to iTunes.
- Simon Pascal Klein (@klepas)
- Guest: Derek Featherstone (@feather)
- Show prelude: launch of a new book by SitePoint on mobile web design and development, call for another logo guru to write for Design Festival, and introduction of Derek
- A brief history of Derek and his endevours and brief thoughts on multiple intelligence theory
- WaSP: Web Standards Project
- InterACT: a web standards curriculum by WaSP
- WaSP: Web Standards Sherpa
- Simply Accessible
- Future of web standards — W3C efforts and that of WHATWG
- Speaking gigs, including Derek’s upcoming visit and closing keynote at Edge of The Web in Perth, next month in July
- Derek’s tour of Down Under with his courses in accessibility, HTML5, CSS3, and ARIA
- Derek’s monthly accessibility Q&As
- Recommendations of the week
- Derek: The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.
- Pascal: Zero Day by Mark Russinovich.
En route shortly — stay tuned.