Hello again and welcome to episode eight of the Design Festival podcast. This week with web standards advocate and champion Derek Featherstone of FurtherAhead.com and most notably WebStandards.org. Derek is a teacher, speaker, writer, developer, designer, and strong proponent of accessibility and web standards.
Download this Episode
You can download this episode as a standalone MP3 file:
- DesignFestival Podcast #8: Web Standards with Derek Featherstone (MP3, 1:23:47, 81 MB)
- Show prelude: launch of a new book by SitePoint on mobile web design and development, call for another logo guru to write for Design Festival, and introduction of Derek
- A brief history of Derek and his endevours and brief thoughts on multiple intelligence theory
- WaSP: Web Standards Project
- InterACT: a web standards curriculum by WaSP
- WaSP: Web Standards Sherpa
- Simply Accessible
- Future of web standards — W3C efforts and that of WHATWG
- Speaking gigs, including Derek’s upcoming visit and closing keynote at Edge of The Web in Perth, next month in July
- Derek’s tour of Down Under with his courses in accessibility, HTML5, CSS3, and ARIA
- Derek’s monthly accessibility Q&As
- Recommendations of the week
En route shortly — stay tuned.