I had some .co.uk domains which were registered with a particular host which, it turns out, are not able to provide .uk domains (they're pretty rubbish). They pointed me in the direction of one of their 'partners', 123reg, who were apparently in a position to do .uk domains.
So I transferred the relevant .co.uk domains to 123reg back in February and, so far, have not been able to register the .uk domains. I contacted 123reg who say that they are "not be able to provide a specific time frame for when you would be able to pre-order the .uk domains" and that "this is not something that we can manage".
So perhaps the availability of .uk domains to the owners of .co.uk domains was set many months ago, and is not re-triggered at any point?
If I moved to another registrar am I likely to have any better success?
If I wait until the official rollout in June is it possible that the .uk domain I'm after (my company name) could be snatched away from me?