What can anyone tell me about the title, "UI Engineer"?

I’m coming to terms that I’m always behind in regards to the web development industry. That’s probably because I have too many hobbies. Sigh. Anyway, I’m here to catch up again. What is a UI Engineer? Here’s what I do sort of know:

  • It’s likely a business-focused, buzzwordy, job title
  • It relates UI design with some aspect of front-end development.

Part of the reason I ask is because I’ve come across two job opportunities looking for a UI Engineer and I’ve never heard of it before. I’m a pretty hybrid, technologist and designer. If the term “UI Engineer” effectively describes my skill set, I’d like to start using it. If I understand it.

Any thoughts on that? The main part of it that is vague to me is the variation on “front-end development”. I’ve seen at least a couple of opportunities that do not emphasize that aspect at all.

Sounds like a Front-end engineer with a dose of User experience to me.

This might help, though there are plenty of pages branching off it that are related, but I’d read it much like Chris did

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.