Hello and welcome to This Week in .NET — a lovingly curated collection of links relating to what’s new and exciting in the world of .NET. The complete list is tagged #dotnetweekly. (Don’t forget to check out our weekly #jsweekly and #frontendweekly roundups too!)
- Daria Dovzhikova announces the release of ReSharper Ultimate 2016.1.2.
- Miguell announces WCF Connected Service for .NET Core RC2 and ASP.NET Core RC2.
- Damien Bowden released a SQL Localization NuGet package for ASP.NET Core.
- Blair Conrad announces the release of 2.0 of FakeItEasy.
- Dr. Axel Rauschmayer covers 6 nifty ES6 tricks, covering, default parameter values, iterating over array indices/elements, iterating over unicode code points, swapping values via destructuring, templating literals, and mixins via subclass factories.
- Shaun Xu dug deeper into ‘this’ when used in the ES6 Arrow Function.
- Adam Anderson talks about the Great Semicolon Debate.
- Rick Strahl write a nice article on implementing strongly typed configuration settings in ASP.NET Core.
- Simone Chiaretta posted how to debug a .NET Core RC2 app with Visual Studio Code on Windows.
- Nemanja Milosevic write up a nice article on running .NET Core RC2 on Fedora 23.
- Hrvoje Hudoletnjak discusses the significance of the RC2 release of .NET Core and looks at the various new features and stories that this release and the new framework support.
- Damien Bowden shows how to create and request SQL localized data in ASP.NET Core.
- Ted Neward takes a look at the various implementation possibilities for the Builder Pattern.
- Dino Esposito discusses some basics of password management in ASP.NET applications and how a plain simple password page is not so simple anymore.
- Morten Anderson shares a simple tip which allows you to reset your Entity Framework Migrations and start over with an initial migration which has your current data model in it.
- Cade Cairns and Daniel Somerfield wrote a nice piece on the basics of web application security.
- Derek Comartin writes about logging exceptions in .NET using Exceptionless.
- Scott Guthrie will be talking at the AzureCraft Event being held on the 3rd and 4th of June in London.
- DDD North returns on Saturday, October 1st with the free conference taking place in Leeds. Submissions for sessionare now open until the 6th of August.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio