- The NuGet Team announced the release of 2.8.5 which addresses the change in moniker of ‘K utilities’ to DNX along with package installation in F# projects.
- Happy Birthday to F#, the team celebrated a year of being a full open source project with community contributions last week!
- The Visual Studio Team announces the release of Visual Studio Tools for Unity 2.0 Preview 2!
- Paul Thurrott looks back on 40 years of Microsoft!
- Aaron Stannard highlights the news of V1 for Akka.NET, a toolkit and runtime for building event based distributed applications is now complete and has its first stable release.
- Pranav Rastogi announces the release of ASP.NET Identity 2.2.1.
- Happy 10th Birthday Git! Chris Missal and Ryan Raugh highlight and celebrate the 10th anniversary of the first Git commit of Git.
- Matthew Manela highlights some of the new features in Chutzpah 4.0 which include batching of files, inheritance of settings and much more.
- James Michael Hare continues his series of Little Wonders with a look at techniques to get the name of a member or variable without hard coding it as a string. Also check out his Little Puzzlers for largest puddle on a bar chart. Then check out his little wonder on exception filtering in C# 6 which let you catch a particular type of exception when a condition is true.
- Erik Dietrich continues his series on TDD completing the implementation of his ASCII representation of the Chess board.
- If you were curious how to change the server time on an Azure Web App, Tom Hollander shares this useful tip.
- The Dev Tools Guy over at the Infragistics Bog shares a look at what’s new in Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- Jerrie Pelser discusses strategies for working with dates in unit tests, including structuring code to pass dates in, exposing the system clock as a service and using libraries like Noda Time.
- Troy Hunt talks about the dangers of retries when something goes wrong (such as Azure SQL Databases). Also check out Troy’s article on getting your SSL for free on a Shared Azure website with CloudFlare.
- Gabriel Schenker revisits CQRS and the benefits of using Command query Responsibility Segregation Patterns. Then be sure to read his continuation dealing with read models based on feedback he received.
- Buck Hodges discusses how to use Visual Studio Release Management to deploy the Visual Studio Online tool.
- Simon Timms continues his series regarding updating a legacy ASP.NET Web Forms application taking a look at the different approaches that can be taken with building web forms.
- Aaron Marisi gives us a nice walk-through on implementing AngularJS in Visual Studio and how it makes getting things up and running easier.
- Once you get your first tutorial down with AngularJS, be sure to follow Arian Celina’s discussion on the creation of multi-lingual front-ends.
- Eric Lippert talks about the unchecked keyword and what it is good for in integer arithmetic.
- Colin Angus Mackay shares an all too common mistake that can produce a null reference exception when using FirstOrDefault().
- Paul Mooney takes a look at CSRF attacks, discussing the attack and patterns for dealing with it.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio