Ok, attached you’ll find a .html (renamed .txt so it will attach) that is how I’d code it.
Some major differences in there, and it should (SHOULD, I didn’t test) validate as XHTML transitional.
Let’s see… differences between yours and mine:
added doctype tag and closed all tags XHTML style.
Used <div> instead of tables - as long as they are in a <center> tag, they will center. (which is STILL the only reliable cross-browser way to get things centered right)
Designed with pt instead of px sized fonts, switched most of the metrics over to pt with a couple minor exceptions (buttons)
got the showall/hideall buttons working… your test page didn’t have the images, so I made quick and dirty css buttons.
By using div was able to put all the ‘hidden’ content in one container - no more calling multiple items just to hide/show stuff.
Moved the ‘horizontal break’ out as a simple DIV on it’s own from the rest of the content.
Added a more universal getObject function, which will make the hide/show work better in older browsers (although the hide/show all functions will not work in non HTML DOM compliant like Nyetscape 4)
Did some tweaks to the CSS and anchors for the e-mail/Aim/forums areas - look a lot better at different system metrics in IE and Opera, though Firefox still underlines EVERYTHING (including the images) incorrectly.
Oh, and a LOT of the anchors and images are getting their CSS settings through sub-properties of their parent container. This technique makes the content parts need a LOT less class declarations, making the whole thing a bit clearer.