I have a small Ajax/ASP 2.0 webpage running on IIS 6, and for some odd reason I get the following message pops up sporadically. My page is just a data entry page that the users enters then prints to a printer. No database support.
Sys.webforms.pagerequestmanagerservererrorexception: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 12152
Any idea what causes this error, and how I can fix it?
Did you google the error message, that will probably give you some idea of what is going on. Beyond that knowing what is going on will help alot. The way to do that is to use a http debugger such as fiddler or the chrome inspector and watch the requests. You should be getting a HTTP 4xxx or 5xx error of some kind on a specific request.
I goggled the error message, but didn’t find anything that stood out. The site is hosted on IIS7/Windows Server 2008, on my intranet/local network.
Well, any http debugger will still work. Fire one up and see what the error is.
I just installed fiddler, and not sure if I set it up correctly. I see the error 504, showing in the capture window of fiddler. When I click on Raw, I see the following error message, but not sure how to proceed.
HTTP/1.1 504 Fiddler - Receive Failure
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a response for this request.
I’d try and figure out what you were requesting and why it was failing so hard as to not send anything down the wire . . .