I have been working as a Product Manager for a number of years now, and i've tried and use all of the below:
- Trello (probably the most user-friendly of them all, it is not essentially project management software for a software company)
- Jira (i find this clunky)
- Asana (Same as Trello but not as user friendly
My typical weekly tasks, with a team of 8:
- Report bugs: these are added to the Development team's 'weekly sprint list' in Trello, or added to an Urgent list if urgent
- New Feature: these are planned and added to the Development team's 'weekly sprint list' in Trello
- Ad Hoc Tasks: some of our sales teams will request various product requests that we need our Development team to look into, however we don't really add these to Trello, we discuss them... as they don't require development just yet.
So, as you can see we plan weekly sprints, but the 'Ad Hoc Tasks' can linger on there is no really process for the developers to work on, as they could be 2 months of discussions before anything happens so they don't fall into the weekly sprink tasks
QUESTIONS (as i'm considering building my own now in PHP)
01 - what Project Management software would you recommend based on the above
02 - how would you recommend approaching and managing the Ad Hoc Tasks
Thank you in advance for your help.