The book definitely contains a crash-course in OOP principles.
Here's a quick snapshot of what's covered:
- TUTORIALS: Easy-to-follow tutorials with downloadable code examples
- INSTALLATION: Instructions for PHP & MySQL on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- PHP CODING: Learning the correct PHP syntax
- DATABASE DESIGN: Mastering SQL database design
* OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOP): Crash course in OOP principles
- BUILDING A CMS: Step-by-step guide to creating a CMS
- SHOPPING CARTS: Developing an e-commerce cart from scratch
- LATEST TECHNOLOGIES: Updated for Windows 7, Mac OS X Lion, and the
latest versions of PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, XAMPP, MAMP, and HTML5
Hope that helps...