I've been viewing the very interesting video on backlinking strategies here:
The strategy seems to make perfect sense, however I have a question about this method.
Suppose I have an established site with thousands of monthly visitors. As an example imagine my site is about mobile devices in general, so e.g. www.mobiledevices.com
Now I want to write about a particular app for IPhone and promote it to earn commissions, say this app is for DJing. Would it be better to write an article about the app on my existing site, or create a totally new niche site e.g. www.djappforiphone.com?
I've been thinking about the pros and cons, and here's what I came up with:
In favour of a niche site:
- Full flexibility with regards to design and content style
- Less risk if the site gets hit by any Google penalties
- Ability to choose a specific keyword rich URL
- More freedom to write in any style than when writing on the main site
In favour of an article on existing site
- Immediate visibility to existing readership levels
- An extra article for the existing site, more content is always good
- No need to buy another domain, set up hosting etc.
Of course the ultimate aim is to get as high as possible in Google for the chosen keyword, then convert visitors into customers for the product I would be promoting.
What are your thoughts on this dilemma? Thanks