OK, so I don’t normally call out specific websites, but I stumbled across this one the other day and I just wanted some validation of my opinion.
Is this style (I don’t care about the content of the site, or their offerings, etc) of UI/UX in any way, shape or form a good thing? I understand they were going for innovative and cool (and it is cool looking) but…
- I couldn’t at first glance find where I needed to go, so huge no-no
- It scrolls in multiple directions meaning some users may never find content
- It’s unclear what can be clicked on and what can’t
- Several items aren’t clear as to why you’d click
- The font faces, sizes, positioning, colors, and angles are all different, so you have to read all the
copy on each button to actually deduce if you should click it or not.
I’ve seen several of this style of site - something really “flashy” and “eye catching” but to me, so far over the top that it’s borderline unusable.
Am I just kicking back against the unfamiliar here? This is the kind of thing I’d like to advise my clients not to do - unless I’m just clearly in the wrong mindset.