i wanna know how to link a page if its another folder. i know it can be
which means its in root dir.
1.what if there r folder namely about and in about folder i have a index page. how do i give its link to that?
2. what if i have a incldues folder and i have giving links of other folder like i have menu in my includes folder and i have folders made out like about us and i wanna pull about us index page from about folder. how do i do that? i hope my question isn't confusing
If you start the href with a / then it always starts from the root directory,
- <a href="/home.php"><a href="/folder/help.php"><a href="/folder/subfolder/page.php">[*]<a href="/otherfolder/file.php">
This means that you can use the same link from anywhere on your site and it will always point to the same place.
If you don't start the href with a / then it is relative to the file you are linking from. To go up a folder level, use ../
So, if you are in /folder/index.php, to link to each of the files above using a relative format, you would use
- <a href="../home.php"> (up one level)
- <a href="help.php"> (already in the right folder)
- <a href="subfolder/page.php"> (go into a subfolder)
- <a href="../otherfolder/file.php"> (up one level and then into a different folder)