Many things affect the Search Engine Optimization! Here is the short list which you should take a note of! To know how your website is performing and the traffic on your site, get the google analytics for your website. With the help of analytics, you will be able to know how the site is performing! Here are few things that you need to take care of!
Things to do to improve the SEO:
1) Try to minimize the bounce rate of your site by posting interesting content and internal linking
2) Make your site mobile friendly
3) Minimize the page loading speed on your website
4) Try to focus on the long tail keywords
5) Write unique and useful content
Finding bad links:
- There is an online tool called MOZ. You only need to sign up to the MOZ and by providing the domain name you can get the detailed information about your website!
- There you will be able to see all the sites linking to your website. You can find out the spammy or lower domain authority links.