I have got one issue on three websites where Google Webmaster tools found 1000s of "404 page not found" but I don't know how come he is searching those pages. For instance I am getting crawl errors for http://www.topvalais.ch/ZdRbW/Rubriques.aspx or http://www.topvalais.ch/RcjeO/ZYmXX/Rubriques.aspx or http://www.topvalais.ch/STXTP/OhbOX/Rubriques.aspx or http://www.topvalais.ch/PddjP/KWPjO/PSLZU/Rubriques.aspx etc... All those pages do not exist. The real existing page is http://www.topvalais.ch/Rubriques.aspx
Where does Google Crawler's find those URLs with garbage's characters ? Has it something to do with the URL Rewriting thing ?
And when looking at referrer again it's something I wouldn't know where Google's crawler found them. See details here: http://www.corobori.com/sos/picTopVS.jpg
Any clue welcome !
Is very strange. How old is your domain. Try to watch if your robots.txt is properly configurated and rebuild sitemap.
The domain is about 3 years old and I have made little changes lately. Will check the robots.txt
Is it a autoblogs or do you have a php script that can go arise
Home made stuff written in VB.NET
That is proably it then
I know the problem is my code but I would like to know where.
In that case, you might get more help in the .NET forum. (You can click the orange flag on your post and ask a Moderator to move the thread for you, if you want.)
My bet is you have the sessions setup to fall back onto url mode. Googlebot don't take cookies so it generates urls for the bot to use to hold onto it's session.
All that said it looks real odd.