I am trying to finish an account activation process.
This is what I currently have...
- Someone registered with their name and email address
- The member receives an email with an activation code
- The activation code is entered into the database.
- The member receives an email with an activation code.
- The member clicks the link and the activation code from the email should be compared with the activation code in the database
The problem is that when someone clicks the link the user is not logged in so there is no process of reading and comparing the database.
Can anyone advise the standard process of matching and confirming the activation codes? How can I compare the two activation codes if the member is not logged in?