Drop Caps in Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2?

I need to make Drop Caps in Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2.
Does anyone know the best way to do this?

Wow, you know I’m not sure if there is a “Drop Cap” technique to getting drop caps in either PS or AI, being that they are not a “Text Layout” tools. Do it the old way, single character, separate layer - size it to your satisfaction and place it!

I know Adobe InDesign does a great job with Drop Caps.

And so does most “Layout” tools. Even Pagemaker! Haha but yeah, Photoshop and Illustrator are not Layout tools.

You can “fudge” it by enlarging that one letter and then using the baseline shift in the text tools of Illustrator, and then using tabs to tab in to rest of the block.

i did it in cs3 by highlight the letter then changing the font to a bigger size