1040EZ, 1040A, or 1040?

I did freelance web design in 2009, had a gross income of ~$1800, and expenses around $1500. So I can file Schedule C-ez for my business income, but what individual tax form do I use? I’m guessing the 1040, but I’m not sure.

Read page 6 of the instructions for Form 1040EZ. It’s a checklist where you must meet all listed requirements to use that form. Otherwise, just fill out a 1040, it’s not that much longer really. Or buy a $20 tax prep software from your local office store :slight_smile: