Aussies to Geek it up During Web Week
The design industry has its design festivals, fashion has Fashion Week, now our industry also has a week to come together, acknowledge and celebrate our successes, connect, learn and share.
Of course, it’s no coincidence that the Web Directions conference and workshops (of which SitePoint is a media partner) falls in the same week, but there are over a dozen other events lined up for the week, many of which are free. Here’s a sampling:
- The Oz-IA conference on October 2 and 3
- An exhibition by Yiying Lu, designer of the iconic Twitter Fail Whale
- Geek presentation/education events such as WebJam, Ignite Sydney, and WE Rock (an evening for educators focussing on web education)
- Various parties, including WebBlast and the opening night and closing parties for Web Directions.
- Rock climbing events for web geeks
… and much more.
Follow the @webweek Twitter account to stay updated as more news and events for Web Week unfold.
Are you holding an event in Australia during Web Week? Whether a small informal meetup, or something much more established, get in touch with the organisers to help promote it. I’d also be interested in hearing if anything similar to Web Week occurred in other countries.
If you haven’t entered our Web Directions competition, you have one week left. Take our quiz and you could be attending the Web Directions South conference in Sydney for free! (read more). Of course, if you’re unsuccessful, you can always take advantage of the exclusive SitePoint discount code—enter SITEPOINT when you register and receive $100 off the regular ticket price.