Traditionally Q4 of any calendar year is the biggest quarter in terms of IT spending. Companies have visibility into their budget for the year, and know what they can spend. Also, many IT organizations need to spend any unspent IT budget.
This doesn’t apply to all firms, but regardless, you should be ramping up your marketing NOW to prepare for the coming quarter.
Right now you have a window of 3 very productive months. Then things start to slow considerably around Thanksgiving in the US, and early December through early January everywhere else.
Don’t get caught when things slow down. And ride the willingness of many businesses to spend before that time.
Ramp up your marketing now!
Even if you don’t believe that Q4 is a high-spending IT quarter, ramp up your marketing anyway. It should always be your top priority, but now is a terrific time to get started if you’ve been lax. Worst case: You build up a solid prospect list to start 2005 off strong.
- 1 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams
- 2 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 3 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs
- 4 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story
- 5 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs