7 Freebies From SitePoint You May Not Know AboutBy Shayne Tilley
We love a good freebie here at SitePoint. Some of you may remember book giveaways of the past, but aside from those one-off, limited-time giveaways, there’s a whole bunch of free stuff on SitePoint that is available every day.
1. Free Firefox Extensions
Firstly, we’ve got a couple of very handy extensions for Firefox, both compatible with FF 3.5.
- CodeBurner: Hook directly into our CSS and HTML reference material from within Firebug.
- Dust-me Selectors: A handy tool that finds unused CSS selectors on your site.
2. IE8 Web Slices and Accelerator
Follow SitePoint’s blogs and articles directly from the IE8 bookmarks toolbar, or tap into our reference material via a handy context menu in IE8.
3. Free Videos
Hours of free videos for your viewing pleasure.
- An Introduction to CSS: Kevin explores the basics of CSS in the 17 minute video.
- An Introduction to AJAX: Kevin Yank leads you through cutting-edge Ajax development techniques.
- Photoshop Starburst Effect: Use some of Photoshop’s little-known filters and techniques to produce a polished and impressive “starburst” effect.
- Recognizing Web 2.0: Kev’s one-hour-long epic, where he describes exactly what “Web 2.0” means.
4. Free Classified Listings
5. Free Book and Kit Samples
Not only do our book samples allow you to try before you buy, they all contain valuable information that stand on their own. Check out the book matrix and see for yourself!
6. Free Newsletters
Over 800,000 subscribers can’t be wrong. There’s a treasure trove of great insight for designers, developers, and freelancers in our selection of fine newsletters.
7. Free Reference Material
So the next time someone tells you that there’s no such thing as a free lunch, make sure you send them the link to this post!