Last week, I wrote a post about a handful of BlackBerry apps that are a great addition to your device for mobile productivity and some for entertainment, too. As a BlackBerry owner, I am not among the family of proud iPhone users, but I received some great (and very helpful) insight from a number of iPhone owners about what’s worth downloading.
Here are 21 recommended iPhone apps to consider adding to your collection.
1. FreshBooks Time Tracking – Track time for projects and tasks, and write notes for each time entry (free with FreshBooks account).
2. iSpend – Track and categorize expenses. You can also generate reports and import into Excel and Numbers ($9.99).
3. QuickBooks – Manage your QuickBooks account by adding customers, creating and emailing invoices and viewing reports (free with QuickBooks Online account).
4. Quickoffice (shown above)– View and edit files with this mobile office suite that utilizes Microsoft Word and Excel functionality ($19.99).
5. ReaddleDocs – Copy files to your device directly from any Mac or Windows computers, read all common office documents and save documents from the web ($4.99).
6. Contact Hero – Manage your address book and reminders in one place, securely from anywhere using your desktop, laptop or your iPhone interchangeably ($9.99/month).
7. Skype – Make free Skype-to-Skype calls from any WiFi zone, see who’s online, and send and receive instant messages on the move (free).
8. WhitePages Mobile – Find contact information, save searches and use GPS to auto-detect your current location (free).
9. Air Sharing – Mount your iPhone as a wireless drive on any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer, drag-drop files and view documents in many common formats ($4.99).
10. Evernote – Capture photos, notes, and voice memos and sync with your Evernote account on your desktop (free).
11. Gmail – Manage multiple Gmail accounts (free).
12. Google Sync – Synchronize the calendar and address book on your iPhone with your Google account (free).
13. iProRecorder – Turn your iPhone into an audio recorder ($4.99).
14. Jott – Take notes, set reminders, and manage your lists through voice-to-text conversion (free with Jott account).
15. SugarSync – Access, update and synchronize files from your desktop (free with SugarSync backup service, starts at $4.99/mo).
16. Facebook – Connect and manage your Facebook account on your iPhone (free).
17. Flickr – Take pictures on your iPhone and upload to your Flickr account (free).
18. TwitterFon – Stay up-to-date with your Twitter account right from you iPhone (free).
19. Bejeweled 2 – Match gems in this addictive puzzle game ($2.99).
20. Kindle – Turn your iPhone into a Kindle, access your Kindle books, and automatically synchronize between devices (free, purchase of Kindle books required).
21. Pandora – Stream personalized music on your iPhone (free).
What are some of your favorite iPhone apps for business and entertainment?
All prices in USD.
User Interface Design with Sketch 4
Researching UX: Analytics
Rails: Novice to Ninja
Designing UX: Forms
- 1 4 Virtual Reality Startup Ideas Entrepreneurs Can Jump On Now
- 2 10 Ways to Earn Money from Your Site
- 3 Freelancer Mistakes: 5 Things You're Saying to Make Your Client Hate You
- 4 Oh, the Lengths We'll Go: Extreme Stories on Getting the Job Done
- 5 7 Workflows Entrepreneurs Should Automate with Zapier