10 Fantastic jQuery Techniques and Effects
Here are some previous posts about jQuery techniques and effects:
- 8 Animated Parallax Examples Using jQuery
- 10 Awesome CSS/JS Plugins and Coding Techniques
- 10 jQuery Enhanced CSS Buttons
- 15 jQuery Animation Design Plugins
Is an enhanced Suckerfish-style menu jQuery plugin that takes an existing pure CSS drop-down menu (so it degrades gracefully).
Is a popup image viewer, built using jQuery 1.4. It’s simple to use yet quite powerful.
– Images are resized to fit inside the browser’s window
– Content can be pre-cached
– Multiple instances in the same page may be used
– Fully configurable
4. Piecemaker XML Gallery
Is an open source 3D Flash image rotator gallery.
5. Coin Slider
Is a jQuery image slider with unique effects.
– 8 unique transition effects
– Lots of easy to set options to create your own effects
– Included Image preloader
– Autoplay that stops on user interaction
– Valid HTML5 and CSS 3 Markup
– Packed version only weights 8kb
– Supports linked images
– Already prepared to work with prettyPhoto Lightbox
– Works with jQuery 1.32 and higher
7. Control.Tabs jQuery
8. Circular Motion Effect with jQuery
The idea is to have a rounded content area with a main menu. When hovering over one of the menu items, a sub-menu element appears, circulating around the content area.
9. Popeye – an inline lightbox alternative
Is a jQuery based lightbox clone. Not only does it support images, it also add support for videos, flash, YouTube, iFrames. It’s a full blown media lightbox.