Set Up Ruby on Rails for Windows
“Get Ruby on Rails up and running in this easy-to-follow tutorial”
Start your Rails development career off on the right foot: avoid the pitfalls of installation on Windows.
SitePoint's Technical Director Kevin Yank takes you step by step through the intricacies of setting up a Ruby on Rails development environment on Windows.
Along the way, Kevin fills you in on the background of this powerful, new platform for building web applications, and how its core component—the Ruby language—has actually been around for over a decade!
From your first click on the Ruby on Rails official web site to last command required to set up a simple test application, you can follow along to avoid every pitfall.
Best of all, this video is completely FREE!
What you'll learn:
- Whether to believe the hype surrounding Ruby on Rails
- The difference between the official installer and Instant Rails
- How to use the Windows command prompt to work with Rails
- How to create a skeleton Rails application to test your installation
- How to run Rails's built-in web server to try out your application
View this video FREE Now!
Simply enter your email address and we'll mail you the link to the video!
Choose any three videos for $14.95
For a limited time, save $8.90 on every three videos you buy!