If you like snapping on your iPhone, here’s three apps which allow you to easily change colors in your photographs. All of these apps are very low in cost which is highly appealing in itself, but they’re also good fun to use.
ColorBlast allows the user to isolate and color an object while leaving the rest of the photograph in black and white. The app uses selective color technology whereby the user can brush on a specified color without having to worry about brushing over the edge of an object without over painting other colors. No accidentally painting outside the line.
Once you’ve colored an object on a black and white image, you can continue to work on it and tint the black and white to give a Sepia or Cobalt effect.
Color Blast costs $1.99 from the App Store.
ReColor allows you to change the color of objects in your photographs. The user taps on the colored area they want to change and then uses the interface to change the hue and saturation to any color required.
The features include:
- image segmentation and natural recoloring of colored objects
- real-time editing with low resolution fast preview
- interactive hue adjustment
- interactive saturation adjustment
- remove color from images by removing the saturation
- increase image vividness by raising the color in certain areas
- edited images are automatically stored and can later be continued
- low and high resolution mode to suit your devices performance
- save your work to the photo library
Recolor costs $1.99 from the App Store.
ColorSplash is similar to ColorBlast in that it lets you desaturate the entire photograph and then paint back in the colors you want. The app’s features include:
- Share your edited images on Facebook, Flickr or Twitter
- Save multiple sessions to resume your work later
- Undo any number of accidental brush strokes
- An alternative view mode highlights the regions that will remain in color with a red tint. This makes it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions.
- Choose from 4 different brushes (hard or soft edged, opaque or transparent)
- Work in landscape or portrait orientation.
ColorSplash costs $1.99 from the App Store
Have you used any of these apps before? What did you think of them? What other iPhone photography apps do you recommend?