Well, it’s Thanksgiving here in the USA, a great day to give thanks for all we have (and drink and eat a lot, too; I must confess to being a bit buzzed on champagne while escaping from in-laws to write this).
In terms of business, here is what I am thankful for:
- Being 100% in control of my own destiny. I get out what I put in.
- Not having to report to a boss that I don’t respect.
- My commute is 15 seconds, from my bedroom to my office.
- Lots of clients, instead of just one employer.
- No risk of a random layoff from an executive team that neither knows nor cares about me.
- I can choose my own clients and assignments.
- In this world of broadband and virtual teams, I can call on world-class resources anytime from anywhere.
- A network of top notch resources and business partners to keep rolling out and testing new ideas.
- My time is my own. If I want to work at 6 am, walk the dogs at 11 am, play tennis at noon, and work again in the afternoon (or see a matinee of Sponge Bob with my son, or go to the beach), I can!
Life is good, and I am thankful.
How about you?