Jump Start HTML5
By Tiffany Brown, Kerry Butters and Sandeep Panda
Everything you need to know about HTML5 in one place!
If you’re any sort of web developer then you need to know HTML. The language has undergone some dramatic changes in recent years: HTML5 has come onto the scene, offering a slew of exciting new features, like native audio and video, vector graphics, offline apps, and much more.
This book is the perfect primer to get to grips with HTML5, and start to take advantage of its power in your projects.
- Get to grips with the basics: syntax, document structure, and new elements.
- Master multimedia: embed native audio and video with ease!
- Create stunning graphics that scale using SVG and the new <canvas> element.
- Build apps that work, even when your internet connection doesn’t, with local storage and IndexedDB.
- Take advantage of powerful APIs: Geolocation, Web Workers, Server Sent Events, and more!
Who should read this book?
Although this book is meant for HTML5 beginners, it isn’t totally comprehensive. As a result, we do assume some prior knowledge of HTML. If you are completely new to web development, SitePoint’s Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML and CSS may be a better book for you.
while loops and
If you feel that "Jump Start HTML5" falls short of being everything you wanted, we’d like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us within 30 days of purchasing your book from SitePoint, and we'll promptly send a refund. We know you'll be thrilled with the quality of our books!