Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Edition
By Ian Lloyd
Start building websites like a pro!
With over 60,000 copies sold since its first edition, this SitePoint bestseller has been fully updated to include the latest operating systems, web browsers, and provides fixes to issues that have cropped up since the last edition.
The 3rd edition of Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS contains an extra four chapters pertaining to social media, HTML5 & CSS3, jQuery and troubleshooting.
What will I learn?
- Adding style to your first web page: Add text and control page layout with CSS. Create backgrounds and borders, plus learn to add effects.
- Using images on your website: Create a photo gallery and optimize graphics for the Web.
- Include a custom search and user feedback pages: Websites aren’t all one-way traffic. Learn to interact with your audience using web forms.
- Launching your website: Learn about hosting plans, the pros and cons of using free services, and the tools you’ll need to go “live.”
- Extend your site’s reach with social media: Everyone’s using Twitter and Facebook these days. Discover the opportunities these sites can offer.
- Enhance your site with HTML5, CSS3, & jQuery: Add cool features using the latest technologies to give your site punch.
Who should read this book?
Build Your Own Website The Right Way is the perfect introduction for web development novices. Assuming you’re reasonably confident using a computer, and enjoy browsing the web, you’ll find this a gentle introduction to the world of building web pages. We’ve assumed readers have no prior knowledge of web development, so you’ll be introduced to the basics of building a site, hosting it, and maintaining it – and you’ll be learning it the right way from the start.
“Great book! I was searching for a book that would provide me with a refresher as its been a while...this book ends my search. Everything is well explained.”
“Nicely structured book, concise with good examples, easy to understand and follow.”
“This book is a splendid and comprehensive anthology for those starting out on the road to web site construction. The target audience needs no great reservoir of IT knowledge to begin as the text provides details on all relevant minutiae and in the correct sequence, the end result is a top class professional standard web site.”
If you feel that "Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Edition" falls short of being everything you wanted, we’d like you to have your money back.
Simply contact us within 30 days of purchasing your book from SitePoint, and we'll promptly send a refund. We know you'll be thrilled with the quality of our books!