Episode 7 of The SitePoint Podcast is now available! This week your hosts are Brad Williams (@williamsba), Stephan Segraves (@ssegraves), and Kevin Yank (@sentience) with special guest Sarah Milstein (@SarahM).
Listen in your Browser
Play this episode directly in your browser! Just click the orange “play” button below:
Download this Episode
You can also download this episode as a standalone MP3 file. Here’s the link:
Subscribe to the Podcast
The SitePoint Podcast is on iTunes! Add the SitePoint Podcast to your iTunes player. Or, if you don’t use iTunes, you can subscribe to the feed directly.
Here are the topics covered in this episode:
Google Axes a Number of Services
- Google Axes Dodgeball, Jaiku, Video and More (TechCrunch)
- Changes for Jaiku and Farewell to Dodgeball and Mashup Editor (Google)
Lycos Shuts Down Mail, Tripod
IE8 RC Will Be Out By the End of January
- Browser Showdown At The Churchill Club; IE 8 Release Candidate Coming This Month (TechCrunch)
- Responding to Change: Updated Getter/Setter Syntax in IE8 RC 1 (IEBlog)
Whitehouse.gov Relaunches with Cutting Edge Design
Listener Feedback from Karn (WebKarnage)
Main Show Topic: Twitter
- Twitter catches up to Digg (Hitwise)
- Twitter May Have Found Its Business Model (ReadWriteWeb)
- Sarah’s Report: Twitter and the Micro-Messaging Revolution: Communication, Connections, and Immediacy—140 Characters at a Time (O’Reilly)
- Sarah’s Webcast: Advanced Twitter for Business: Conversation, Community, and Profit—140 Characters at a Time (O’Reilly)
Thanks for listening! Feel free to let us know how we’re doing, or to continue the discussion, using the comments field below.