type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/tvstatic.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
It’s easy to create a cool TV static effect in Flash. Here’s how it’s done.
Download the sample files here.
1. Create a picture of TV static in your favopurite image editing application. Import this picture in to Flash.
2. Convert the picture to a graphic object, and name it "static_img".
3. Select the graphic object, convert it to a movie clip, and name it "static".
4. Double click the static movie clip to access its timeline. Select the existing layer in the static timeline, and create 4 keyframes.
5. Modify the graphic object in each keyframe by rotating it and applying modifications.
That’s it. Now, go back to the main timeline, and test the movie.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.