type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/shapetween.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
Download the sample files here.
Shape tweening is similar to morphing. Whith shape tweening, we make one shape appear to change into another shape over time.
To tween a shape, follow these direcitons.
1. Click a layer name to make it current.
2. Select an empty keyframe in the layer, and create a object. In this example, I created a rectangle.
3. Create a second keyframe where you want the animation to end.
4. In the final keyframe, delete the existing object and create a circular object.
5. If the Properties inspector is not visible, choose Window > Properties.
6. Select the first key frame, and select Shape from the Tween pop-up menu in the Properties inspector.
This is all you need to do! Test the movie.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.