type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/scrollbar.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
Flash provides an easy-to-use scroller component — here’s how to put it into action.
Download the sample files here.
1. Hit ctrl+f7 to open the components panel.
2. Drag the Scroller component onto the stage.
3. Create a multiline input text box, and give it a variable name of "content".
4. Select the Scroller component in Frame 1. The component’s parameters display in the Property inspector.
5. In the Target Textfield parameter, type "content". Leave the Horizontal parameter as "false".
That should do it! To test the movie, enter a large amount of text and see the scroller activate.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.