type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/randomnumber.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
It looks good, but this effect isn’t difficult to create. Let’s see how easy it is!
…and don’t forget to download the sample files here.
1. First, create a text field. I gave mine a variable name of "shuffle".
2. Convert the textfield to a movie clip, and name it "Random".
3. To convert to movie clip, select the textfield. Press f8, select radio movieclip, enter a name, and click Ok.
4. Right click the movie clip and access its actions. Insert this action:
shuffle = random(9);
5. Create a duplicate of the movie clip.
That’s it! Run the movie!
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.