type = 'application/x-shockwave-flash'
data = 'http://sitepointstatic.com/flash/time.swf'
width = '400'
height = '400'
bgcolor = 'black'
Download the sample files here.
1. Create a new movie with width=200 and height=75.
2. Create a text field, and name it "time".
3. Name the current layer "textfield".
4. Create a new layer above the current layer, and name it "actions".
4. Create two key frames in the actions layer.
5. Insert this action into the first key frame:
today = new Date();
time = today.getHours() add ":" add today.getMinutes()
add ":" add today.getSeconds();
6. In the second frame, insert this action:
7. You're finished! Press ctrl+enter to test the movie.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.