- Firefox 2.0 was launched today, featuring a refined user experience and a great many new developer features.
- The Microsoft Internet Explorer Team sends Mozilla a cake in congratulations for the release of Firefox 2.0 today.
- A nice primer on typography as it applies to the web, with links to some meaty resources on the subject. (thanks gnarly)
- Neat tool that lets you view your site simultaneously in Firefox and Internet Explorer as you tweak the CSS code in real time. Windows only, obviously. (thanks lox)
- Although the site is down due to the surge of traffic, Fedora Core 6 was released today and most of the mirrors and BitTorrent trackers remain online.
- If you haven’t looked at Flash in awhile, this run-down of common misconceptions is a good start in getting a better picture of the state of Flash (and Flex) development today.
- Word comes out of Adobe’s MAX conference that ColdFusion 8 (currently still in alpha stage development) will have support for dynamic generation and manipulation of images. This has been a longstanding hole in ColdFusion’s feature set.
Got a link you’d like to recommend for the SitePoint News Wire? Great! Save the link on del.icio.us, and tag it for:sitepointlinks. Please include a description—it will increase the chances that we’ll select your link for the News Wire!